Loyal reader Rex sent me this, from last night:
WASHINGTON (CNN) — At Wednesday night’s Radio and Television
Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican
presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his “Top 10 Reasons for
Dropping Out of the Race”:
10. There weren’t as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn’t want to miss the start of the varmint season.
7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.
4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back
in a light-colored suit and tie.
2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn’t win, my fundraising dried up.
1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: “As Utah goes, so goes the nation.”