EFM Book

Over the weekend, a group of evangelicals voted to endorse Rick Santorum over Newt Gingrich — without even seriously considering Mitt Romney.  These Christians apparently considered a even a thrice-divorced, ethically-challenged former Speaker of the House preferable to once-married, unquestionably ethical former governor.  The public justification for their vote was a quest to find a “true conservative” alternative to a man who is pro-life, pro-free market, and stands strong on national security.  Their “true conservative” alternative (Senator Santorum) is certainly an honorable man and a fine conservative leader, but it’s a stretch to claim he’s more conservative than Mitt.

By sheer coincidence (not really), Nancy and I are today releasing a Kindle book that is designed to directly and succinctly make the evangelical case for Mitt.  Called Why Evangelicals Should Support Mitt Romney (And Feel Good about It!), the book both tells a story and makes an argument.

Beginning with the fall of 2005 when I first mentioned Mitt to Nancy, the book describes her initial resistance and deals with the key arguments about Mitt.  The chapters examine all the major issues, including:

-Evangelical objections to voting for Mormons;

-Mitt’s pro-life and pro-family record as Governor of Massachusetts;

-The truth about Romneycare and its differences from Obamacare.

-Mitt’s record of engineering economic turnarounds in the private and public sectors.

-Mitt’s commitment to national defense and his understanding of the jihadist threat.

Crucially, the book closes with personal stories from Nancy describing the Mitt and Ann we know — their warmth, their character, and their help to friends in need.

Buy this book.  It’s cheap ($2.99), it’s a quick read, and it tells the truth about Mitt Romney.

In the coming days and weeks, we’ll be advertising this book far and wide.  Our primaries are moving South, and millions of evangelicals will be taking a closer look Mitt.  We’re convinced they’ll like what they see.

12 Responses to Evangelicals for Mitt: The Book

1. Matt in Idaho says:

Hey guys. Perfect timing. I was really wanting for an EFM fix and you delivered just in time. I can’t wait to tell as many people as I can about this ebook. You two have been so great and always a reliable source of credible information and a pleasure to read. It’s so refreshing to hear your optimistic view of this important race. I was recently browsing the site of a pro-Palin blogger who went as far as saying that if Mitt were to get the nomination, “the country is over”…..puhhhlease. I should buy the ebook for this guy and challenge him to read it. GO MITT!!!!

2. Terry in Nebraska says:

Just read about your book and will be downloading it shortly. You folks have been stalwarts of the highest order in standing up for Mitt Romney. I check your web site several times a day to see if there’s anything new.

Keep up the good work!

Hee hee love the cover where a shady looking Mitt creeps past a stained glass cross-topped church…..(cue horror film music) Why Evangelicals should support the vampire Mitt Romney…..and like it…..

4. Terry in Nebraska says:

This has nothing to do with the book, but there’s an excellent article on FoxNews.com about Mitt titled: “As rivals attack Romney’s business record, his claims have contributed to confusion”. The title sounds like a hit piece, but it’s not. I’ve copied/pasted the first paragraph below, along with a link to the article. This is probably the most clear and straight-forward piece I’ve seen to date about Mitt’s time at Bain Capital.

“You know you are living in unusual times – or at least a weird political cycle – when the Democratic National Committee, MoveOn.org, and AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka nod in solemn agreement with Republican presidential candidates like Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry. In this season of hyper-partisanship and polarizing debate, what could possibly unify these disparate characters and institutions (for now)?”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/16/as-rivals-attack-romneys-business-record-his-claims-have-contributed-to/

I watched the last half of the debates last night. Mitt, while not spectacular, was his usual steady self. He did nail Newt on Newt’s insisting that Romney tell his (Mitt’s) super PAC to cut the false statements out of the ads. Mitt reminded Newt that contacting the super PAC directly was against federal law, then said, “And you know that, don’t you Speaker?” Newt was forced to say yes. Mitt then reiterated (as I’ve heard him state before) that he would like to have his super PAC remove any false statements from their ads. Newt stood there like he was at a temporary loss for words. Right after that exchange, Mitt stated that he wished there were NO super PACs at all, which got a rousing applause from the audience.

I enjoyed Newt Gingrich a great deal in the debate last night. It was exciting to see how far he would go to try to get even bigger bang from the audience than his last comment would get. Having said that, there’s no way I would vote for the self absorbed showman when I have an option as quality and steady as Mitt Romney. I’m really beginning to depend on the guy for excellence and professionalism.

• Terry in Nebraska says:

I feel much the same way about Newt. I really like his debating skills and some of the off-the-wall comments he makes to the press and the moderators. He does put on a good show sometimes. However, I’m still sticking with the reliable and steady Mitt Romney.

6. Mike says:

I downloaded and read your book, yesterday. Isn’t Kindle great? This should be required reading for every evangelical voter.

By the way Nancy, your skiing experience reminded me of the first time I took my wife up the slopes. It probably took us 3 hours to get down. When it was over she said to me, “If you love me, you will never ask me to do that again!”