Dear Charles, I’m just thankful you don’t publish all the e-mails I send you with the subject line: “You are crazy.” At any rate, here are some fun articles from the last couple of days. (You did see the CNN article David wrote called “Why Evangelicals Should Dump Newt?” It got almost 700 comments!) Here are the non-French articles!
Newt’s failure is part of a larger failure: the infantilism of the 1960s generation. In his narcissism, impulsiveness and deviancy, Newt is at one with the Clintons. Mitt — and for that matter, [Rick] Santorum — are just the opposite. They are straight arrows and duty-bound. They would not be a riot of scandals in the White House, but is it not about time that we leave the scandals to Hollywood?
The Great Man’s Wife by Maureen Dowd compares Callista to Ann Romney.
Romney Cleans Up by Jen Rubin: How big did he win in Nevada?
• Mitt Romney won among conservatives, Tea Party members, women, men, low income, high income, etc.
• Mitt Romney won a majority of “very conservative” voters (51percent). He defeated Newt Gingrich (40-31percent) among strong Tea Party voters. He won 48 percent of the vote among evangelicals (48–27 percent) over Newt Gingrich.
• Like Florida, Mitt Romney won handily among voters who said electability was the most important quality in a candidate.
• Like Florida, Mitt Romney won handily among voters who said the economy is the top issue.
• LDS voters make up 26 percent of the caucus votes. Even without the LDS votes, Mitt Romney still would have won decisively (by 17 points).
• While Mitt Romney won a majority of the LDS vote, he won among Protestants, Catholics and everybody else by wide margins.
He may be a non-gambler, but Mitt Romney had a good night in Vegas. He left town as the night’s big winner, capturing his second strong victory in a row.
Tea Party activists, long dismissive of Mitt Romney, insist that most of the movement’s legions will back him if he continues to surge toward nomination, with a few already urging Republicans of all kinds to unite now to defeat President Obama.