Screen Shot 2012-02-09 at 8.25.33 AM

Our family will be at CPAC this week.  Anyone else attending?  If you aren’t able to go, why not watch it live?  David will be speaking today at 2:05 Eastern, David will be speaking on a panel called:

Debate: Is the “Arab Spring” Good or Bad for America? It will be held in the Marriott Ballroom.

The panelists will be:

The Honorable Jim Gilmore, President and Chief Executive Officer, Free Congress Foundation and Former Governor of Virginia, Former Member, Congressional Homeland Security Commission (1999-2003)
The Honorable Zalmay Khalilzad, President, Gryphon Partners, Former U.S. Permanent Representative to the UN, Former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, and Former U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan
The Honorable Elliott Abrams, Senior Fellow for Middle Eastern Studies, Council on Foreign Relations
David French, Senior Counsel, American Center for Law & Justice

Moderator: Cliff May, President, Foundation for the Defense of Democracies

Watch it here live!

12 Responses to CPAC, Here We Come!

Thank you for this website. I really enjoy reading it. I wish I could be at CPAC and helping out but we are assigned overseas and about all I can do is retweet good articles.

When Mitt wins the presidential election he will be so busy trying to fix the economy that he will need a good man like Rick Santorum to tackle social issues. I am praying that if and when Rick Santorum comes to the realization that it is Mitt’s election to lose that they will band together and work side by side, Mitt working on the economy and Rick working on all that is necessary to help good strong families.

They are both good, honest, moral people and we need good honest moral people right now. I am looking forward to the day when we will see both the Romneys and the Santorums come together. It believe that the two of them will make it happen.

• Lance in TX says:

I would love to see a Romney/Santorum ticket! I think Santorum is a good guy and with some experience could be a good POTUS someday, just not now. Maybe after 8 years of Mitt?? :)

The problem is that Santorum is headed in the direction of damaging things so much that he could not be VP to Mitt.

We shall see.

I’ve decided that most of the news media are like a bunch of ducks. Rick Santorum sweeps three states that really don’t mean diddly in the long run (5 delegates total) and all of a sudden the media is quacking around him like he’s the new Messiah of the conservative movement. Romney has what one news person I heard say, “the best political organization I’ve ever seen”. Considering that Santorum put in over double the time that Mitt did in the three states, his team probably saw the potential loss coming before it even happened. I watched Romney’s speech after the loss, and he was very upbeat about it. Better states are ahead for him, anyway. I don’t think that Rick or the Newtster have the funds to compete well come super tuesday and after. I predict that one of them is going down after–probably the Newt.

• Lance in TX says:

Newt will stay in as long as he has money coming in. His Las Vegas funder is not giving at much now (just announced), so maybe it will be shorter than longer for him. His ego will not let him drop out on his own. Maybe he will sell some of the things he purchased from Tiffany’s to pay for his race?? :)

3. Peggy says:

David & Nancy, WashPost & Jonah Goldberg at NRO reporting that Mitt is getting icy reception with no one wearing Romney buttons. What’s the truth? Mitt has always been well-received at CPAC.

Interesting article about Mitt meeting privately with a small group (30) of conservatives to reassure them of his electability. Here’s a quote from the article: “People have all sorts of reasons to support whatever candidate they choose when looking at the race,” Bopp told CNN. “But I do see it coming around to Romney. I think Romney will dominate the race in the next few weeks, by Super Tuesday.” Comforting thought.

I’m a different Liz. That was an outstanding CPAC speech that hit everything on my list. He has the presidential aura and a natural leadership presence. He is the true conservative in this race, and the ONLY candidate with the needed skill set. President Romney.

Hear, hear! Mitt was enthusiastic, confident, persuasive, never stumbled, and obviously knew what he was talking about. That speech was just what I needed!

Is it just me, or have the other candidates not said much about how they would fix the economy? Seems like Mitt has done more talking about it than the rest of them put together.

7. Lance in TX says:

Mitt’s speech was great! Very uplifting and I like how he always talks about how the country can do things to make it better! Not just him.

Newt just cannot stop talking about himself. We already have someone in office like that and don’t need another.

8. sisidavid says:

Reality and the media By contrast
    The Media has its take on Romney and the People have theirs.
    The Media has its take on Obama and the People have theirs.
    Relax and watch the show.