Screen Shot 2012-02-17 at 9.05.49 AM

Adele lovers might not appreciate how her song has been tweaked to make a political statement, but I thought Venga Productions did a great job with this.   (Thanks, Jon, who sent it to me and aslo warned that it might not be workplace friendly, because it has the word a– in it.)

17 Responses to Someone Like Newt

1. Larry says:

Very classy … especially for “Evangelicals”. Perhaps you should offer a feed to Huffington Post … it comports perfectly with their worldview, ethos and general intelligence. Again, classy … very classy. A powerful testament to the intellectual integrity and Christian witness of “Evangelicals for Mitt”. Bravo!!!

P.S. Have you shown this to Mitt … this is great stuff for another ad campaign.

• Larry says:

Praise the Lord! Fasting really does work … God sure answered the prayers of those who yearn
      for truth, huh? Let the redeemed of the Lord say so .. with YOUTUBE! (I bet God hates Newt too)

• Larry says:

Jon, I love a good laugh … but I find this sad attempt at humor (by a gentleman who despises conservatives BTW) not merely tacky and decidedly unfunny … but entirely unfitting for a site which suggests itself as representative of evangelical thought. The obsession Newt hatred blind Romney devotion has, though,
            with this post hit an new low. Sadly, it reflects the shamelessness, however, which seems so
            characteristic of Team Romney.

It was particularly farcical (albeit consistent)
            though for its appearance immediately

• The Smartest Man Alive says:

Oh, Liarry

I’m glad people like you still exist. A moral and intellectual court jester for our viewing pleasure.

2. Larry says:

Jon, I love a good laugh … but I find this sad attempt at humor (by a gentleman who despises conservatives BTW) not merely tacky and decidedly unfunny … but entirely unfitting for a site which suggests itself as representative of evangelical thought. The obsessive Newt hatred and blind Romney devotion has, though, with this post hit a new low. Sadly, it reflects the shamelessness, however, which seems so characteristic of Team Romney.

It was particularly farcical (albeit consistent) though for its appearance immediately following a call for fasting. Do you really find his sort of thing funny? It struck me has ham-handed and sophomoric … you must find Bill Maher hysterical.

• Jon says:

Larry, I am sincerely sorry that I do not live up to your standards of righteousness. But there is something that I do not understand. If you are so offended by the things that you read on this site, why do continue to return to it? What do you hope to accomplish? I am sorry, but I just don’t get it. Why do you keep tasting something that you obviously find so foul and repulsive, and then criticize it? No one is making you participate in any way.

Do you criticize us to feel better about yourself? Do you have such a low self-esteem? Or is the opposite true, that you believe yourself to be superior to us, and therefore need to correct our inferiority with your unbounded wisdom (and hateful jabs)? Based upon your references to “intellectual integrity” and other condescending phrases scattered throughout your posts, I would have to assume the latter to be correct.

It is curious that you so often accuse us of hate. An honest read of your posts reflects the bias and hate that you obviously feel, which is directed at anyone who disagrees with you, who, by no coincidence, is obviously inferior to you. The charges you level against the Frenchs and others on this site are hypocritical at best. And with my inferior mentality, I am unable to produce a word to describe what these charges are at worst.

Now I am quite sure that you will reply with some high-minded argument to place yourself in a position of superiority over me, just as you have done in nearly every post that you have made. I know because I have read them. Perhaps you will say that I am judging you, and therefore, am a hypocrite myself. The difference here is that I am defending good people with good princples against unwarrented attacks. And you are attacking at every turn.

If you have something constructive to add to the conversation, please share it, even if it is criticism (constructive criticism). We support Mitt Romney, but we are under no illusion that he is perfect. The nature of your attacks strongly suggest that you have some deep-seated bias or hatred against the man, and by association, anyone who supports him. If your bias is based on religious beliefs, then shame on you. If your problems with the man are political, then let’s discuss it in a civil manner. I don’t understand why you feel the need to do so much bomb throwing. Are you just trying to cause problems and stir up contention? If so, then shame on you. If that gives you joy, then I pity you, because you must be a very unhappy person.

If you were able to communicate in a civil fashion, I think that you would be surprised at how open-minded the participants on this website are. Instead you make blanket statements and accusations, tactics generally used by those who are not confident in the merit of their own position. We may not agree with you on single point, but I am confident that we would all be willing to discuss things in a respectful manner. You have not received a respectful reception here because you came in with guns blazing (disrespect in abundance) right from the start. So don’t try to turn the disrespect argument back on us. You cannot be disrespectful and expect respect in return.

Ultimately, though, I get your point. You are right, and we are wrong. And I am confident that no amount of logic or persuasion on my (or anybody else’s) part will sway your opinion. Prejudices are that way, as are pride and arrogance. I am also confident that you will have a clever, critical, and condescending rebuttal for me. I have no reason to expect anything else. If the tone of your comments is any reflection on your personality, then I do pity you indeed, because you would be a hard person to befriend.

So Larry, I have spoken my peace, but I am sure that you will have the last word, because that is the way you roll.

Sincerely (and I mean that),
      Jon

• Larry says:

The short answer? The vast majority of people who peruse these sites do not post comments … they merely read the posts and attendant comments. They are my intended audience.

Following the last election I made a decision to become deeply engaged and vocal in the election process. Previously, while I had labored to remain informed, I limited my discussion to very close friends only. I began to realize the error of this following Obama’s election. I watched with dismay when McCain became the nominee, feeling rather certain that the GOP had. At that point, surrendered the White House. My concerns only grew as I observed the general ignorance and indifference of those who so giddily announced their support for Obama.

During this election cycle (indeed, during much of the last three years) I have remained informed, engaged and vocal. I wish to persuade people to become informed and thoughtful … or stay home.

I do not expect to change the minds of those who post to this site … they are not my target audience (give me a little credit Jon). I have my eye on the many who read, think and act. All of the arguments offered here by people such as yourself have simply provided further opportunity for me to address those readers. That is why you find me responding again and again and again and again and again … well, you the point.

I not looking for the last word … just a word with the many who’ve yet to make up their minds. So Jon, it’s not about you, or Terry or even Nancy … I just wish to make a difference among those whose minds are not yet made up.

• Jon says:

Hi Larry,

Sorry I took so long to reply. I have been very busy with work and family. I celebrated my birthday on Sunday.

I very much enjoyed your last reply. I’d say that you and I have more in common than not. I also understand and appreciate your motives in posting as you do… again and again and again… :) It seems that in your posts you have been very vocal as to your dislike of Mitt Romney. You have stated various times that he has lied. I am wondering which statements of his you consider lies. Also, what else do you dislike about him? I’d also be curious to know if you think he has any redeeming qualities.

And do you support a specific candidate? If so, who is he, and why does he have your support? From your posts, it kind of appears that you come to the defense of Newt Gingrich, but I am not really sure.

It is important to me that you understand that I am not baiting you here. I have no intention of pouncing on you. I like to hear the views of others. I do not claim to have a full understanding of anything, and the opinions of others help to shape my own on occasion. Also, you are obviously very passionate about your views, which is good, and I figure that there must be a reason.

I guess I’d like to understand your views better.

3. Jim Tills says:

I didn’t see the Grammy awards and Adele sing. If this is not the song she sang, then whowever put this together is a master at tweaking a singer’s songs. The facts she purportedly sings are true enough.

However, It is surprising that it is on “Evangelicals for Mitt” because I am certain Mitt would not have approved of it as presented unless she actually sang it as such. For Larry to acuse all Mitt supporters who are Evangelical as of un-Christian activity shows his biases also.

Mitt is as pure as the driven snow when it comes to moral issues and his character is really beyond reproach. Isn’t it sad that a person will tell a lie, and then 100 persons will repeat it and others will then take it as fact. Such is the case with the arguments thrown out against Mitt regarding so-called Romneycare, non-support of the right to bear arms, abortion, etc., etc. What a disgrace political campaigns are when little-minded people continually lie and the leftist mass media portray the lies as truth.

• Larry says:

Jim, I’ve personally heard Mitt’s lies … repeatedly, so have millions of others. Get your head out of the sand Jim …it may be comfortable but its clearly affecting your hearing. As to the video, well, its rather like Mitt’s attack ads … deeply deceptive and reliant on ignorance … I’m sure he’d approve it.

4. Tommy Ellis says:

This video is harsh…but it makes the powerful point that it’s nearly impossible to be an authentic values voter and consider Newt. I’d be in a real trick bag if he ends up the nominee.

• Larry says:

The video isn’t harsh, its absurd, deceptive and unchristian … but this is Evangelicals for Mitt and is
      apparently considered fitting.