Screen Shot 2012-03-01 at 10.29.13 AM

Adrienne Urban is a faithful EFM reader, so we were thrilled to see her show up at Romney rallies with her family. The Philly article begins:

Like many Americans, Adrienne Urban has little room for error in her household budget, and the average price of a gallon of regular gas has spiked 39 cents over the last 10 days in Michigan, to $3.69.

“It’s horrible,” said Urban, who was attending a rally for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney here Monday. She faulted the White House for blocking the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada to Texas, and for what she sees as environmental policies that discourage drilling. “I think President Obama wants to undermine our country,” she said.

and then continues:

Urban, 45, who home-schools her two boys, is a staunch abortion opponent, and she and her husband tithe 10 percent of their income to their conservative Presbyterian church. She would seem to be a perfect fit for Santorum, who is identified with conservative causes.

But she’s with Romney, believing he would do a better job managing the economy and slashing federal spending. The level of debt worries her.

“It’s been a hard decision, made with a lot of prayer,” Urban said. She called Santorum “a little crass” in his often hard-edged advocacy and thinks he might not be able to beat Obama. “You can say something that’s true,” she said, “but when you alienate people, you can’t get the job done.”

Also, she showed up — with the cute kids — in the New York Times!  Way to go, Urban family!

9 Responses to Conservative Presbyterian (and EFM Reader!) in NYT and Philly Paper

1. Momof Four says:

It’s great to see other Mitt supporters doing what they can to help him out. I agree with Mrs. Urban, Santorum is not able to articulate his message well. He frequently offends even those who support his ideas. He is not a good Presidential choice at this time. I have to add that Mitt’s life reflects many of the principles that social conservatives care about. Mitt realizes that the President often has to lead by example and choose to fight his battles carefully in the culture wars.

2. Adrienne says:

As a clarification, the reporter got a few things misquoted, or quoted a bit our of context. We tithe, and almost all of our tithe (on gross) goes to our church, but not all of it. Also, when I said that Obama seems to be undermining our country, I said that in the context of more than just his decision on the Keystone pipeline.

I guess this is a case in point. Not everything we read in the papers is to be believed. Though the reporter was more than courteous. He probably couldn’t write fast enough to get all the details right and made a few assumptions.

3. Adrienne says:

One more fun point: we also were at his townhall meeting in Kalamazoo, MI, where Gov Romney noticed and mentioned our boys’ red mitts waving int he air, and if you look closely on the Mittromneycom site, you can see the backs of our heads at the Grand Rapids rally earlier in Feb. :-) . We’ve been studying a lot of civics this semester :-) .

I can remember as a young man living in Utah when when I was courting my wife-to-be, that gas was 25 cents a gallon. I don’t suppose we’ll ever see those kind of prices anymore. (My wife and I will be celebrating 40 years together in May of this year, by the way.)

The latest polls are out, and nationally, Romney has rocketed past Santorum. Gallup has Romney 11 points ahead of Santorum, while Rasmussen has Mitt 16 points above Santorum. This bodes very well for Super Tuesday, me thinks. You can read about it here: http://mittromneycentral.com/

• Matt says:

Terry,

Don’t tell Larry. He still thinks Romney can’t break the 30% ceiling. There’s sheet rock dust all over the
      floor w/ these new polls…especially Rasmussen. Great news.

I wonder where Larry is, by the way. He’s been strangely silent ever since Mitt got on his winning role.

Here’s a good one: Many folks think that ABR (I’ve seen the acronym used in news articles), means Anyone But Romney. They’re wrong. ABR = A Better Republic, which is what President Mitt will turn this country into.