Screen Shot 2012-04-19 at 5.04.47 PM

Let me first say that David is fine.  On Monday, I took a quick trip to New York and returned yesterday around 1:00.  As always, I texted David when I landed, and headed toward the parking lot.  About ten minutes later, I got a text that said he had been involved in a terrible accident and was headed to the Emergency Room via ambulance.

He was traveling through a busy intersection in Franklin, Tennessee when a teenager (probably texting) took a left turn and hit David’s car behind his seat.  He spun around, went through the intersection, and was mercifully stopped by a telephone poll.  We are very thankful that he didn’t have the kids with him — the car was hit right where Naomi’s car seat was.  Also, we’re thankful that he didn’t hit another car or any pedestrians.  Plus, the other driver was fine too!

As you might imagine, this was quite a shock.  Instead of going home, we met him at the Emergency Room, where the doctor told us David had a concussion but was going to be fine.

His car?  Well, it’s totaled, and he only bought it four weeks ago!  I think David will be happy to start driving his big Titan truck after that incident.

Anyway, this whole thing reminded me of how much I love David French!  You know him as a a pundit, but he’s also a great husband and a fantastic father — my biggest success is somehow getting him to marry me!

26 Responses to Mild Concussion

1. Mike (Green Eyeshades) says:

Wow, you guys have sure had your fair share of trials. Please let him know that all of us EFM followers are pulling for him.

2. Annette says:

You’d think we were strangers since we’ve never met but I gasped when I read your message about David and felt like a friend had been hurt. So glad he’s doing okay! Whew!!! Hope you’re okay too! Thanks for all you guys do!

• Nancy French says:

I know — after all these years, you guys seem like family! I haven’t even been able to get in touch with my dad or sisters to tell them!

• Nancy French says:

Yes, Camille was very shaken up — we really tested the “City that Never Sleeps” thing on our trip, so we were already a little delirious when we got the text. it woke us up fast, though.

Thanks for the note.

3. sara says:

So relieved that he’s okay! I saw this on my twitter feed. It makes me so nervous seeing so many texting-driving teens on the road — accidents waiting to happen. You guys are the best; I hope the effects of the concussion are minimal.

I’m going to add your names to a certain prayer roll (LDS will know what I’m referring to). Gotta keep you folks functioning at 100% during this campaign. Of course, my family’s prayers are with you also.

5. Paul says:

Maybe the Lord has more work for David to accomplish in this life. Reminds me of someone else who was in a serious car accident … way back in the 60′s.

6. Lance in TX says:

I am so glad to hear that David is not too badly injured!
    The car looks terrible. He is very blessed!
    Prayers are with him and the rest of your family! Something like that affects the entire family!

7. Nancy says:

It had to be a tremendous relief to you to know that he wasn’t seriouly injured, Nancy! The world would be a far worse place without David French! I am so glad that you were highly favored of the Lord ; He has much more required of David French in this ole world. Get better soon, David! Many prayers out there offered up on your behalf and thank yous, too.! Blessings to you all, The Other Nancy

I am grateful that the Lord has been gracious to us both, so you can continue your “spreading” the word. I am proud to be an EFM family member. Love you guys. My prayers are with you.

9. Nina Cotton says:

Nancy, I’m glad David is okay. Makes you remember not to take each other for granted, huh? All of you stay safe. Love ya.

10. Layne Pitcher says:

Been there done that. Never a fun situation whether it’s you or your loved ones that were in harms way. The good thing about incidences like this are that they remind you what is really important in life, those we love. Glad to hear everyone is okay.

11. Jennifer says:

So grateful that he is okay! What a scary experience. So glad that he was protected and that no one was seriously hurt. What a miracle that is. Hoping for a quick recovery!

12. Jim Tills says:

I just read your report of David’s accident. I am so thankful to hear that Heavenly Father was watching out over him with protection of his life. My prayers are for a quick recovery.

David is a Noble soul, one of God’s favorite sons and a valiant servant in the fight for what is right, good and honorable in our Nation. Thanks be to God for his life, his contributions to truth and the noble principles enshrined in our glorious Constitution. Thanks also to you Nancy for all you do to preserve us from the dregs of the ungodly or ignorant leftists who would subvert everything we hold dear.

13. Chad Brown says:

Glad to hear that David was not more seriously hurt. Send my good comrade CPT French my best wishes and prayers for a speedy and full recovery.