5099ec3616d7e.image

So, I just sent my kids off to school, made myself some coffee, and took a copious amount of Advil and Tylenol. For the first time in many months, FoxNews is not quietly playing in the background.  I don’t have a pressing political development about which I want to talk to you guys. Instead, I’m sitting in the silence, being so thankful that you have come alongside us in this journey.

David has already mentioned that we’ve been nostalgic.  I’m not sure what we’ll do to fill the new time we suddenly have available to us.  You may have noticed that David and I have been writing mostly on our “French Revolution” blog, which will still be our main hub of our writing.  We’ve gotten many sweet e-mails from readers asking us not to shut down entirely, and we promise that we won’t.  David and I will keep writing.  You can’t get rid of us that easily.

And we don’t want to lose our relationships with you guys.  The French Revolution is where you need to go to find (almost!) all of our writing.  Also, if you want to receive e-zines from us (little digests of what we’ve written), please send me an e-mail: Nancy @ EvangelicalsforMitt . org (without the spaces).  You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter (and yes, I’ll get a new post-election photo).  David is here and here.

We’ll write more about all of this, but for now I wanted to make sure you stay with us.  We’ll need to stick together.

10 Responses to Love You Guys: Stay With Us

1. Fer says:

Thank you for all your work supporting Mitt. We’re all proud of his effort. Sadly he over-estimated the people’s understanding of the country’s situation. In a world were billions are spent in snake-oil remedies and pills that can fix anything wrong with your body, people have fallen victim of the tyranny of the media. As we sit as in a hypnotic trance in front of irrelevant content, or so-called news which have long abandoned their desire to inform, the country sinks into an ocean of debt and irresponsible policies. In these times we need leaders who are not only capable as Mitt is, but also entertaining and charismatic, who can put on an exciting show. Politics is entertainment now more than ever.

2. Phil says:

I really, really appreciate all that you and your team have done these past several years. I see alot of good that has come out of this and out of Mitt Romney’s 2 runs for president, in spite of him not winning. His candidacy and your efforts have contributed immensely towards bringing together people of different religious persuasions to work towards a common goal. I will continue to follow your French Revolution website and whatever the Evangelicals for Mitt website becomes (I suppose you’ll have to come up with some other name). Thanks again for all that you do and have done for good. I will forever have fond memories of the good that has come out of all this, and hope and pray that all of us of different religious persuasions can continue working together with love and understanding, focusing on our common goals.

3. kristy a says:

Thank you, thank you for all that you have done. My heart has been aching for our country, our future, and my children’s futures. Let us go forward in faith and rely on God to help us through it all. Thank you for unifying people of many faiths and for helping us realize what we all have in common: love of God, family, and country. We must stick to our principles and not get discouraged. Onward, Christian Soldiers! May God bless you and your family, Nancy and David.

4. Ted says:

Thanks for all of your hard work! It has not been in vain! As a Mormon, I feel like the bridges that you guys have built will last forever. Many, many thanks.

5. Mike (Green Eyeshades) says:

Thank you David and Nancy. We all knew the day would be one of great joy or great sadness, but you should take comfort in knowing you did all you could for Gov. Romney. You did something more, however. You brought both Mormons and Evangelicals together for a common purpose and I think I speak for all of us who have followed you on this blog (except perhaps Larry) when I say that regardless of religious affiliation, we consider you to be our friends.

I only have one last question–are you sure I can’t get the same deal for 5%?

6. anchan says:

Thank you so much for all of your efforts. I am grateful for being able to make this journey alongside you, the Evangelicals for Mitt, and so many of your followers. I feel so sorry that Mitt didn’t win, but I, like many others felt real peace before the election. It is interesting that so many people are speaking about that. I was hoping it would mean Mitt would win. Unfortunately, the peace was given to remind me that God is ultimately in charge. I believe that we have been following God’s mind and will in nominating two men for the highest office in the U.S. who are capable, good men. I believe that our choice was inspired, and had the people been willing, Mitt would have been able to make a real difference for our country. Although the people chose the “devil they know” so to speak, they were given a clear choice for something better, and they will be held accountable for this choice. May God bless our country. I will keep in touch at the French revolution.

The folks here have been first class. First thing I noticed about this election is the new guy looks a lot like the old one, and that was a nightmare. So I’ll be checking out politically as well. At least half of the American people understand and desire freedom and good old fashioned American values, and in the end, the fire of freedom burns so strong, and so bright, that it ultimately prevails.

God bless you fand thank you for your fine efforts on behalf of our country. Great people.

8. Garry says:

I have silently visited this website since Mitt ran in 2008 and have thoroughly enjoyed the articles and the collaboration between Mormons and Evangelicals. The Evangelical perspective of Governor Romney and of Mormons has been very interesting and uplifting. It has been wonderful to discover that there is hope more than ever for religious faiths to work together for a common good. The Prophets in the Bible warned of what we are to expect in the end times (“Latter-days”). Unfortunately things will get worse prior to the second coming of the Savior but we should not fear but be of good cheer for he will over come the world. Although we see the morals of America declining right in front of us we take comfort in knowing this cycle is not new. The ancient prophets tried to warn the people but they did not listen. As time goes on, all Judeo-Christian faiths must be united in standing for God in defending religious freedoms and liberties. For as the saying goes, “All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.” Thanks again for all you’ve done in fighting the good fight and helping us get to know Mitt Romney better through the eyes of Evangelicals. God bless!

9. Yuhui Lu says:

Romney guys use ddirty means to kick Ron Paul delegates out of GOP convention. Now Romney people get what they deserve.
    The fact is, Romney is the same as Obama, big government spender, flip-floper, war-monster, FED reserve running dog.
    The real hope for the republican party is Ron Paul Revolution. Wake up, Evangelicals! Ron Paul’s policy is the most biblical one. Honest money, peace, individual liberty and responsibility.
    Ron Paul People are happy to see Romney/Bush/McCain/ policy dies. We’re ready to take over the GOP.
    Rand Paul 2016! The revolution continues.

10. Annamarie says:

You folks are wonderful. I have so appreciated your time and thought as you supported Mitt — the best person I’ve ever seen run for president. Thanks for letting us know where you’ll be writing in the future.